1. How long will this food delivery occur? We will reevaluate the effectiveness of our food delivery after two weeks. Our current plan is to continue as long as school is closed during this “extended spring break.” Our delivery will also be dependent on the health of our staff members, and other orders from Governor DeWine and Ohio Health Director, Dr. Acton.
2. Can we opt out so you can give the food to another family? Please don’t opt out as we are not permitted to give it to another family; HOWEVER, you can take the food and donate it to another family.
3. What about open enrollment students? Will you come to my house? No, we are only permitted to deliver within the Franklin Local School District. Open enrollment families must go to their open enrollment stop. See next question also.
4. My child is open enrollment but is parent pick up (never rode bus), are there open enrollment stops closer to me to get meals? Tree of Life is the location for these students who have never ridden our buses.
5. What if we do parent pick up at multiple schools? Can we pick up all meals at one school? Yes. See next question also.
6. Can we pick up meals at school closest to us? Yes. Pickups will be at our schools: front of DFE 11:15, Power Plant parking lot at PJH 11:45, front of RES 11:30, front of FLCS 12:00. There are no pickups at PHS.
7. My family member is watching my children while I am at work, they also have FLSD kids. How can I get my kids’ meals delivered there? Yes, if they live in FLSD, tie something blue and gold to your mailbox so the bus knows where to stop.
8. My family member is watching my children while I am at work, they do not have FLSD kids. Can I get meals delivered to where they are? Yes, if they live in FLSD, tie something blue and gold to that mailbox so the bus knows where to stop.
9. We live in FLSD and my children attend Mid-East. Are they eligible for the food delivery? Yes, tie something blue and gold to that mailbox so the bus knows where to stop.
10. What if my child is latchkey in the morning but bus in the afternoon? The bus will deliver the food to your home. Tie something blue and gold to your mailbox so the bus knows where to stop.
11. What if my child is parent drop off in morning but rides bus home? The bus will deliver the food to your home. Tie something blue and gold to your mailbox.
12. I have young children who are not in school yet. Can we get food? Yes. Please complete the survey on our web site so we know how many and what address to deliver, then tie something blue and gold to your mailbox so the bus knows to stop.
13. Should we come out of the house to let them know we are here, then go back in and let them leave meals on porch to lessen interaction? You can practice social distancing and stand away from the bus. The delivery people will appreciate it. We cannot leave the food if you are in your house.
14. Will you leave food if we are not home? No, we are not permitted to leave food on porches, etc.
15. Are we making allergy sensitive meals? No, we’re having trouble ordering our food and will only offer what we can get delivered to our high school.
16. How can families help our bus drivers? Tie something blue and gold to your mailbox to help our drivers locate houses.
17. At all stops, practice social distancing. Be safe. Be kind. Stay healthy.